A few words and photos from time to time on my life as it unfolds.

See more of my photography at http://royhoveyphotography.com--Click on any photo below to open it...

Saturday, September 10, 2011



Yes indeed, another fine San Jose Jazz Festival.  I'm late in posting on it, heck late in posting in general while I bring this blog site up and running.  But what's up with the 20 years plus festival cordoning itself off and charging to get in again?  I thought it me return to, or remain, a classic free SJ event.  I guess the musicians they want to bring in require payment, so yeah, I'm OK with it if it continues to bring up the quality of this Jazz event in light of the other fine ones in the area (Monterey, Stanford, etc.).  We only visited for one night and saw two great Latin Jazz bands plus The Ohio Players (Jazz?), who were quite entertaining.  Great music, great food, fun crowd, and as always, a special event and accomplishment for the evolving city of San Jose.  Wanna go next year?  Email me and we'll mark it down!

papaROYzzi

No comments:

Post a Comment